Director, Nano/Bio/Physical Information & Communications Laboratory
Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey
(2020 – ), Assistant Professor, Dept. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Koç University, Turkey
(2017 – 2019), Research Assistant, Internet of Everything Group & Cambridge Graphene Centre, University of Cambridge, UK
(2011 – 2017), Research Assistant, Next-generation and Wireless Communications Laboratory, Koç University, Turkey
Ph.D., 2020, Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Ph.D., 2017, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Koç University, Turkey
M.Sc., 2013, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Koç University, Turkey
B.Sc., 2011, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Area Editor, EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications, (July 2020 – )
- Topic Editor, Molecules (MDPI), (July 2020 – )
- Review Editor, Frontiers in Communications and Networks, Specialty of Non-Conventional Communications and Networks, (June 2020 – )
- Guest Editor, Molecules (MDPI), Special Issue on Practical Aspects of Molecular Communications (2021)
- Guest Editor, ITU J-FET, Special Issue on Internet of Bio-NanoThings for Health Applications (2020)
Honors § Awards
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship 2020 (Score: 99.00 – in the top 9 among 1188 ENG proposals)
- IEEE Transactions on Communications Exemplary Reviewer 2020
- University of Cambridge CAPE Acorn Post-graduate Research Award 2019
- IEEE Turkey Ph.D. Thesis Award 2018
- Koç University Post-graduate Academic Excellence Award 2018
- ERC Research Project Scholarship under Consolidator Grant #616922, July 2014-August 2019
- TUBITAK Ph.D. Scholarship 2013-2017
- TUBITAK M.Sc. Scholarship 2011-2013
- TUBITAK Travel Grant Award for IEEE Med-Hoc-Net 2013, IEEE WF-IoT 2015
- Koç University Travel Grant Award for 4th NaNoNetworking Summit, IEEE Med-Hoc-Net 2013, IEEE WF-IoT 2015, IEEE EMBC 2016
- Dr. Bulent Kerim Altay Award, METU, Turkey, 2008
- Invited Talk: “Micro/Nanoscale MC System with Graphene bioFET-based Receiver towards Internet of Nano Things (IoNT),” CAPE Acorn June Event, University of Cambridge, June 2020.
- Invited Talk: “State-of-the-Art and Research Challenges in Internet of Nano Things,” TSSG, Waterford Institute of Technology, May 2020.
- Invited Talk: “Marriage of ICT & Nano: State-of-the-Art and Research Challenges in Internet of Nano Things,” Koc University, March 2019.
- Publication Co-Chair, ACM NANOCOM 2021.
- Web/Social Media Chair, ACM NANOCOM 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Student Member of Organizing Committee, ACM MOBICOM 2012.
- TPC Member, IEEE ICC (2020, 2021), IEEE GLOBECOM (2020, 2021), IEEE PIMRC 2020, SFI/EMBO Workshop on Molecular Communications (2017, 2019).
- Journal Reviewer, Proceedings of the IEEE, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE Wireless Communications, Nanoscale (RSC), Scientific Reports (Nature), IEEE JSAC, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Communications, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, Journal of The Royal Society Interface, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, IEEE Access, Computer Networks (Elsevier), Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (Wiley), Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory (Elsevier), Nano Communication Networks Journal (Elsevier).
- Conference Reviewer, for many conferences, e.g., IEEE INFOCOM, ACM MOBICOM, IEEE ISIT, IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE PIMRC, IEEE ISCC, IEEE WCNC, IEEE SPAWC, IEEE Med-Hoc-Net, IEEE HealthCom, IEEE CITS, IEEE FRUCT, IEEE ICUMT, IEEE ISWCS, IEEE NoF, IEEE WCSP, IFIP Networking, ACM/IEEE NANOCOM, IEEE LCN, BODYNETS.
- ELEC 100: Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Fall 2020, Spring 2021)